Charity Partner of the Madison Mini Marathon
Register to volunteer or run today!
Our Department partners with the Madison Mini Marathon and 5 K because we
care about the women of Wisconsin and their families. We believe that the 'Mini' and its associated events
demonstrate a community coming together and having fun while engaged in healthy activities. The Department
proceeds generated from this community event are deposited to the Healthy Women, Healthy Babies fund.
The Healthy Women, Healthy Babies fund was created to provide the resources needed to promote educational
awareness about healthy lifestyles of women of all ages and how their decisions impact not only their lives, but
the lives of their current and future family members. The funds are used to further our Healthy Women, Healthy
Babies educational mission and also go to support other organizations whose missions promote healthy living.
Your support of our Department through the Madison Mini-Marathon provides the resources necessary to continue to make community programs like the Annual Blanket and Diaper Drive possible and promotes the Healthy Women, Healthy Babies mission of the department.
Back to top
- Scenic course that includes all of Madison's Landmarks: Capitol Square, the World Famous Dane County Farmer's Market, State Street, Camp Randall Stadium, Kohl Center, the Arboretum (including the wild turkeys), Picnic Point and the UW Campus.
- Great Post-Race Party at the Fabulous Memorial Union Terrace featuring Mighty Short Bus! Reminisce about old memories, talk about new ones as you celebrate your accomplishments.
- High five our celebrity marshals; current UW Women's Basketball Coach, Bobbie Kelsey and 2002 Olympic Gold Medal Speed Skater, Casey FitzRandolph as you cross the finish line.
- This exciting Saturday morning race, allows you and your family plenty of time to enjoy Madison and its many activities and attractions the rest of the weekend. Be sure to bring family and sign the kids up for our spectacular Kids Run!
- Impressive and hefty trophy medal.
- Outstanding course support with ten Aid Stations featuring water and Gatorade, five misting stations, and dozens of entertainment and cheer zones.
- The Mini has Start line Corrals and Pace teams to keep you on track and make sure your experience ROCKS!
- Did we mention the AWESOME Post-Race Party on the Terrace!
Back to top