Clinician-teacher track faculty provide service through the provision of patient care as their primary responsibility. Medical student and resident education within the context of the clinical practice is expected. Clinician-teacher faculty may participate in research such as through the accrual of patients to clinical trials. Service may also be part of the role of the C-T track faculty, through participation in the governance of the department and the School of Medicine and Public Health, and through medical community service.
Typical Clinician-Teacher track role
- Primary responsibility will be patient care with opportunity to participate in medical student teaching and clinical research. Staff acute care patients at the UWHC and the VA, including walk-in and/or emergency patients. Participate in University-sponsored HMO and Outreach programs. Teach medical students within the context of the clinical practice. Participate in Department and School of Medicine and Public Health committees as assigned.
- Clinical practice at various Immediate Care locations of UW Health and the instruction of medical students and/or residents as appropriate to the setting.
- UWSMPH CV Template - This Document contains a curriculum vitae template for clinician-teacher track faculty outlining the information and accomplishments necessary to build a personal CV.
- For detailed information, checklists, and forms on promotion, visit the Overview of Faculty Tracks.
- For more information on specific track guidelines, see Faculty Roles.